Brawijaya Museum is one of the most modern and well cared Indonesian museum in Malang. It is located at the southern end of Ijen Boulevard. The Brawijaya Museum was built on May 04th, 1968 by Kolonel Pur. Dr. Soewondo. It was named as “CITTA UTTHAPANA CAKRA”, means Spirit Fire Spreader. This museum has 6825 m2 area space that is divided into two main areas. The show room and office room.
This museum houses momentous, weapons, documents, photographs, battle plans and other stuffs related to Malang history. There is a “Tank” which was used in the Battle of Surabaya on November 10th, 1945. It is one of the most well known Brawijaya Museum's collection and it is placed in front of the museum. There is also an antiaircraft defense weapon that was confiscated by “BKR” on September 1945 from Japanese soldier.
We can see the symbol of The Brawijaya Museum in the behind of the building. It is the Deathly Railway which carried 100 Indonesian civil army, from Bondowoso to Surabaya but almost all of them were died, only 12 people finally survived.source: pasar tugu